Boroume ("We Can") is a non-profit organization with the aim to reduce food waste and food insecurity in Greece.
Boroume's holistic approach towards this goal is implemented daily through the following programs:
- Saving & Offering Food:the easiest, most direct way to save food of every kind & offer it to charities all over Greece
- Boroume at the Farmers' Markets: saving food from farmers' markets & offering it to charities
- Boroume Gleaning: saving food from fields and orchards & offering it to charities
- Awareness Program "Every Meal Matters": the sum of all our awareness raising actions
- Boroume at School: our educational program for students of any age
- Alliance for the Reduction of Food Waste: the national voluntary agreement for the reduction of food waste in Greece, founded & coordinated by Boroume
- Certification "No Food Waste": the first private certification for businesses and organizations which actively reduce food waste (in collaboration with TÜV AUSTRIA Hellas)
- We Are Family: the direct, transparent support of people who face food insecurity with supermarket vouchers
We envisage a society that embraces the values of volunteering and social giving, while at the same time does not accept food to be wasted.