Boroume ("We Can") is a non-profit organization whose mission is to reduce food waste and to fight malnutrition in Greece.
Through our "Saving & OFfering Food" program we save food on a daily basis from many sources and we offer it to charities that help people who are facing food insecurity. Our actions help the most vulnerable in our society as well as the environment by reducing organic food waste.
We approach the issue of food waste holistically through the following programs:
- "Stop Food Waste" - increasing awareness about food waste
- "Boroume at School" - educational program
- "Boroume Gleaning" - reducing food waste on the field
- "Boroume at the Farmers' Market" - reducing food waste at the farmers' markets
- "Boroume in the Neighborhood" - informing potential food donors in a neighborhood about our food saving mechanism
Through our "We Are Family" program we provide nutritional support in an immeidate transparent and dignified way to families in great need.
Our vision is to develop a social movement to reduce food waste and at the same time increase nutritional support to people in need based on volunteer support.